The next deadline for workshop/meeting support applications is 3 April 2017.
Please read the guidelines below before submitting an application.
2. To obtain support, workshops/meetings must be open and international, and should encourage the participation of early-career scientists (until ca. 5 years after PhD) and those from developing countries (including BRICS countries).
3. Applications should be received at least six months before the planned event date, to allow for wide promotion to the paleo community. Exceptions will be considered by the Executive Committee.
4. Organizers must now contact a relevant member of PAGES SSC at least two weeks before this proposal is submitted to advise them of the workshop/meeting plans. Applications received without SSC member notification will not be looked upon favorably.
5. In accordance with Future Earth's approach, PAGES encourages engagement with stakeholders. You will be asked to consider and provide some information as to how you could involve stakeholders. Learn more about our stakeholder engagement approach here.
6. PAGES does not support applications by individuals for travel and meeting attendance. Workshop materials and field trips are also not supported. PAGES tends not to support sessions at large conferences unless the session is used to initiate or aid in the development of a PAGES product, such as a special journal issue. Additionally, PAGES generally does not support recurring meetings.
7. For hosts, PAGES only supports direct meeting costs such as participants' travel and accommodation expenses. PAGES does not allow the use of funds for overheads incurred by the host institution.
8. Please note, it is the responsibility of organizers to generate most of the funding necessary for the meeting.
9. After the event, PAGES requires a workshop/meeting report for Past Global Changes Magazine plus a detailed financial report of how the funding was used.
10. All other products issuing from the sponsored workshop/meeting must acknowledge PAGES and a copy of all products should be emailed to the PAGES IPO.
11. Successful applicants should liaise with our Communications Officer well before the meeting to ensure the workshop/meeting and any deadlines are publicized as widely as possible. Afterwards, there is the possibility of creating an online archive in the PAGES' calendar entry. Organizers are welcome to send materials such as photos, abstracts, flyers, and presentations. See example here.
12. Organizers should contact the PAGES IPO in advance if they are unsure whether their proposal is eligible for PAGES' financial support.
Applying for PAGES workshop/meeting support
There are four categories of financial support available. Please complete and submit the form that best fits your type of workshop/meeting:
To submit a proposal for a workshop/meeting of an educational nature.
For workshops/meetings that require a funding decision to be made before the next funding call deadline. This is to be requested under exceptional circumstances only and must be accompanied by valid justification.
Combined proposal success rates for all workshops/meetings: 2015=82%, 2014=45%, 2013=60%
If you have been asked to complete a travel claim form, you can get it here. You must download it first to your computer and ensure you have Adobe Reader to fill it in (download Adobe for free here). Alternatively print the pdf out and complete it in writing.
PAGES' financial support is available thanks to funding from the US National Science Foundation and the Swiss Academy of Sciences.